The National Museum of Fine arts of Havana consists of 2 buildings (built at different times), one focused on Universal Arts while the other is dedicated to Cuban Art. The first building, known as the Palacio del Centro Asturiano, was opened in 1913 with Emilio Hereda as its first director. This building was designed by Manuel Bustos and it is home to the Universal Arts exhibits. Later on, a new Palacio of Bellas Artes designed by Rodriguez Pichardo was opened in 1954. This new building was recently reconstructed by architect Jose Linares, and it is currently dedicated to Cuban Art.
Palacio de Bellas Artes - Cuban Section
Palacio del Centro Asturiano - International Section
Tue-Sat: 9am to 5pm
Sun: 10am to 2pm
Fine Arts Museum Cuba Map
© COPYRIGHT 2020.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Part of the Authentic Voyages Group
9524 E 81st Street, Suite B1721
Tulsa OK 74133
Toll Free: +1-888-756-9008